About Krakow Metropolis Association
The Krakow Metropolis Association was established on June 24, 2014.
The Krakow Metropolitan Area creates an institutionalized level of cooperation for 15 associated municipalities – Krakow and the 14 surrounding municipalities: Biskupice, Czernichów, Igołomia-Wawrzeńczyce, Kocmyrzów-Luborzyca, Liszki, Michałowice, Mogilany, Niepołomice, Skawina, Świątniki Górne, Wieliczka, Wielka Wieś, Zabierzów and Zielonki.
The Association performs the function of the ITI Association, whose task is to implement Integrated Territorial Investments (ITI) in the Krakow Functional Area. The management of the ZIT Union is carried out in a partner-like manner, guaranteeing members of the Association, represented at the General Assembly of Members, broad powers and ensuring their constant access to information on the current status of ITI implementation.
OBJECTIVES AND TASKS
- Strengthening cooperation for solving common problems and using the potentials of these 15 local governments, respecting their individual characteristics and separateness,
- representing and defending common interests of territorial self-government units within the Krakow Functional Area in the implementation of tasks performed by the ITI Association.
- inferences as well as organizing and carrying out works) on the implementation of tasks,
- supervising the implementation of projects co-financed from European funds under the ITI,
- supporting (also expert) activities undertaken by the municipalities, aimed at obtaining funds for the implementation of development projects and joint project implementation,
- common planning and initiating activities for sustainable economic and social development and cultural members of the association.
The costs of functioning of the Association – the entity implementing Integrated Territorial Investments are co-financed from the Cohesion Fund under the Operational Program Technical Assistance 2014-2020.
Project implementation period: January 1, 2015. – 31 December 2018.
The value of the project: PLN 6,463,560.07.
Co-financing of the EU project: PLN 5,817,204.06.